Essilor lenses came into existence 160 years ago when two leading French optical companies, Essel and Silor, merged.. The company now operates on a global scale in 54 countries. Since 1972, Essilor Canada has been at the top of its game with innovative products, years of experience, and a Canada-wide distribution network. Essilor provides Canadian eye care professionals with high-tech service due to its 40 local full-service optical laboratories, three laboratories for digital surfacing, and four coating facilities from coast to coast. Major industrial investments, a visual presence among clientele, and frequent innovations ensure excellent customer service and enhanced performance products. The company is involved every step of the way, from the manufacturing of products to in-store delivery.
Named one of the "World's Most Innovative Companies," by Forbes in 2011, Essilor places "wearers and their specific needs at the heart of the approach." The group now allocates 150 million Euros to research and development investments and boasts 550 researchers from around the globe in its three Innovation and Technology centers. By staying ahead of the curve with new technology, Essilor offers thin, lightweight, high quality lenses to suit any wearer's needs, whether they are single vision lenses, bifocals, progressives, sunglasses, trifocals, computer lenses, or specialty lenses. Essilor has made huge advances in the progressives market. After the age of 40, individuals may notice the gradual loss of near vision, known as presbyopia. In the past, this would have required a separate pair of reading glasses, in addition to everyday spectacles or thick bifocal lenses. Progressive lenses transition from near vision to intermediate vision to distance vision seamlessly and offer the necessary corrections in between. This can ease eyestrain and offers natural vision.
- Varilux lenses changed the world of ophthalmic optics. The latest in Varilux lenses guarantee natural vision even after the age of 40. Wearers can see near, far, and at any other distance along the spectrum and will experience excellent contrast definition, zero aberration, superior comfort, and no eyestrain. A single pair does the trick and switching spectacles isn't necessary.
- The Image Stabilizer technology that controls deviations for each wearer.
- Taking into account an individual's convergence and wearing parameters to locate the precise near vision area.
- Lenses crafted to fit all frames, even the smallest ones.
- The Varilux Physio 360 line relies on W.A.V.E. Technology and cutting-edge design for High-resolution vision. Varilux Physio 360 DS enhances visual sharpness instantaneously in far viewing. The field of intermediate vision is up to 30-percent wider without inducing the disconcerting "swim effect." Physio 360 DS lenses are comfortable in near vision, which is up to 30-percent wider.. This eliminates the need for postural changes when working on a computer or reading. Contrast is more precise even in low-light areas.
Varilux Physio 360° lenses are also created using W.A.V.E. 2.0 Technology. With sharper vision across the entire lens surface, they perform in all situations. The lenses feature high-resolution vision, improved contrast perception, wider fields of vision, and peak visual performance. Physio 360° uses the same technology as the others, however, the lenses are personalized to translate your wearing patterns into the design. In addition to the benefits found in the rest of the Physio family, these lenses also offer custom-located near vision to provide superior comfort. The lenses can be adapted to any size frame.
- Varilux Comfort 360° and Varilux Comfort DS both keep up with vision requirements associated with the frequent use of technology, such as smart phones, computers, and digital cameras. These lenses permit dynamic vision and swift changes of activity, all while allowing your head to remain in an agreeable position. Varilux Comfort lenses are appropriate for use in everyday activities, support natural posture, boast instant adaptation, and feature wider fields of vision.
- Natural vision even in small frames is possible with the Varilux Ellipse. These progressive lenses were designed with smaller frames in mind. Those with presbyopia can now choose glasses with cosmetic appeal. Distance vision is large and angled for panoramic viewing. To adjust to near vision, the wearer only has to look down slightly. Varilux Ellipse 360° lenses work with even the most complex prescription. Features include precise, high-resolution vision, improved contrast, and comfortable near vision.
- Essilor recently launched the Varilux S series. Wearers experience stability of vision in motion, which reduces the swim effect by up to 90-percent, faster visual reaction time, and binocular fields that are up to 50-percent wider than the standard progressive lenses.
- For individuals who wear prescription glasses and must alternate between eyeglasses and sunglasses, Essilor Transitions lenses will be a perfect match. The lenses are clear when inside or at night and darken to shades of brown or gray when you enter the sunlight. The photochromic lenses reduce glare and eye strain, while protecting the eyes from harmful UV rays. The lenses are available in a multitude of designs, materials, and prescriptions.
- Crizal no-glare lenses were introduced to eliminate glare, whether it be from nighttime driving or staring at a computer screen, as well as smudges, scratches, dust, and water drops. The Optifog coating is another way to protect lenses and vision. The coating keeps lenses fog-free. The company also manufactures Essilor Multicoated Antireflective coatings that are applied directly to the lenses. The antireflective coating increases transparency for clarity of vision and has scratch-resistant, anti-static, smudge resistant, water repellant, and antireflective properties. Not only are Essilor lenses practical; you'll look good wearing them.