Nikon isn’t just a big name in photography. The company’s success with camera lenses has translated into equally sought-after eyeglass lenses and coatings. Wearers rave about the comfort and quality of Nikon Lens Wear, particularly the fact that the lenses are incredibly close to natural vision. Using advanced materials and coatings, Nikon has made a name for itself in the ophthalmic industry. From single vision to progressive lenses, the brand has been synonymous with quality lens wear since 1946 (even before introducing their first mass-market camera!).
Nikon relies on cutting-edge Nikon Digital Surfacing Technology for Nikon W and Nikon Seemax™ lenses and is now expanding the technology's use to other products, like the Nikon i Digital and Nikon Go Digital lenses. The technology enhances image resolution and precision, lessens distortion, and creates controlled visual zones. No more suffering with thick lenses. While Nikon offers the standard spherical lens, the company also produces aspheric and double-aspheric lenses that integrate front and back surface geometry to eliminate distortion and ensure sharp, clear images. Aspheric and double aspheric lenses have flat curvatures and are thin and lightweight. The brand’s progressive lenses eliminate the need for bifocals, as they provide near, intermediate, and far vision. Each of the four series of lenses is suited to small frames and ensures a large field of vision and almost no adaptation period.
- The SeeMax POWER AP accounts for an individual’s facial profile in its progressive lens design. The lens will rest correctly on the wearer’s face for improved lens performance. With a personalized 3D design, the ultra-thin lenses allow for a customized reading zone, instant autofocus, and wider peripheral vision.
- Nikon SeeMax™ Progressitheve also has a variety of state-of-the-art features, such as 3D Customization™, 3D Optimization™, and a 3D Aberration Filter™. The thin lens is the first to have a complete 3D lens design. SeeMax™ Progressives allow instant autofocus, wider peripheral vision, reduced distortion, and cosmetic appeal.
- The Presio Power line optimizes comfort and visual acuity, while almost eliminating adaptation problems. The dual power lenses minimize distortion and blur as well.
- Nikon W is the world’s first bi-aspheric progressive lens and features a back surface aberration filter. This means that as the wearer goes from one visual zone to another, there is no blurriness or difficulty in the transition. The lenses fit any size frame and are thin and comfortable. They offer a wide field of vision and a clearer, sharper image.
- Balance Digital lenses also eliminate blurriness, enhance the field of vision, and let the eyes focus instantly. Equi-View Technology achieves optimal sharpness from the center of the lens to the periphery for minimized distortion.
- i Digital lenses imitate the human eye with Interfaced Aspheric Design™. Features include wide near- and distance-vision, enhanced image resolution and precision, minimized eyestrain and queasiness associated with traditional progressive lenses, reduced distortion, controlled visual zones, and flatter, lightweight lenses. The experience is almost like seeing with the naked eye.
- Nikon Go Digital gives wearers precise and controlled visual zones and reduced distortion. The lenses rely on seamless vision asphericity for smooth, consistent vision without the strain. They are perfect for those wearing progressive lenses for the first time. Their edge-to-edge far vision makes them ideal for active individuals.
- Nikon’s innovative coatings help to further personalize lenses. Those who frequently use digital devices will benefit from the Nikon SeeCoat Blue. The coating cuts blue light associated with electronics to improve contrasts, lessen eyestrain, protect lenses, and minimize glare for maximum comfort.
Another anti-reflective option for protecting your lenses is the Nikon SeeCoat Plus. It maintains the aesthetic appeal of eyeglasses and is perfect for everyday usability. The coating gives lenses a natural look and there is little color variation in their reflection. The uniquely transparent Nikon HCC ICE is also designed with aesthetics in mind. It makes lenses easier to clean and nixes unwanted glare. Nikon HCC is the brand’s base water-repelling and anti-reflective coating. It has three coats in one. Along with the hydrophobic coating and that to eliminate glare, there is also a scratch-resistant coating in one smooth finish. Reflections and ghost images will be problems of the past. All of the coatings are created in “clean-room” lab conditions, which other lens manufacturers can’t claim. This means the coatings are high quality, contaminant-free, and have excellent optical performance.