Carl Zeiss founded the company in 1846 and became one of the top manufacturers of precision mechanics and optics in Germany. Today, the Vision Care group of Carl Zeiss is an international leader in ophthalmic spectacle lenses. The group develops and manufactures technologically advanced ophthalmic products, services, and instruments. Zeiss offers spectacle lenses for nearly every frame, occasion, and vision need.
Carl Zeiss Vision knows that all eyes are unique and therefore lenses should be tailored to suit an individual's needs.. In addition to a standard eye exam, the group's new i.Profiler® system analyzes eye data for a customized fit. By relying on wave front technology, the performance of the eye is objectively checked under different light conditions, contrasts, and reflections to determine the sharpness of vision, spatial perception, and even how one's eyes interact.. Zeiss lenses don't just sharpen a customer's vision, they also enhance color spectrums and improve night vision by reducing glare. Using the information gleaned from the i-Profiler® exam, Zeiss calculates lens values using a new mathematical method and employs maximum precision during lens production.
- For the ultimate in comfortable, relaxed, and natural vision, Zeiss created Progressive Individual2 with EyeFit technology. For the first time, you can purchase progressive lenses that are produced according to your individual near range. Zeiss found that near zones fall into three main categories: balanced profile, intermediate profile, and near profile. Zeiss's progressive lenses take your specific profile into account and allow for natural, focused vision regardless of distance, optimal close-up vision suited to your individual eyes, instantaneous wearer comfort, a gentle transition between vision ranges, and a minimum adjustment period. As an added bonus, Individual2 with EyeFit technology lenses have cosmetic appeal because they are thin and light. Wearers experience 20/20 vision at every distance.
- Those who work in an office or spend time on devices, such as laptops, tablets, and smart phones, will find that ZEISS office lenses, available in Officelens Plus, Officelens Superb, and Officelens Individual, can combat eyestrain and tension in the neck and shoulders due to adjusting glasses. Instead of putting on and taking off reading glasses all day, or peering through the bottom of the spectacle lens, office lenses have large fields of vision from near to intermediate distances. You will be able to read online and offline and also interact with colleagues without having to do the spectacles shuffle.
- The Gradal Individual® FrameFit® line features individualized progression zones. The Gradal Short I and Gradial Brevis are specifically made to fit small frames. Gradal Top E lenses are comfortable from day one and have a wide progression zone, smooth transitions without rocking effects, a wide near zone, horizontal symmetry, excellent binocular vision, and improved visual quality due to its flat curvature.
- The GT2 3D is part of the new generation of Zeiss lenses. The product synchronizes binocular vision to improve 3D vision and provide a new dimension of spatial perception. The lens factors in the interaction between both eyes and the eyes' interaction with progressive lenses in any visual surrounding. GT 3D has up to 40-percent larger binocular zones, a large, sharp distance zone, a balanced intermediate zone, and a large, clear near zone.
- Zeiss Progressive Superb, Zeiss Progressive Plus 2, and Zeiss Progressive Classic lenses fit to the frame of your choice. The lenses offer balanced fields of vision, enhanced binocular vision, smooth adaptation, a thin, flat design for aesthetic appeal, and improved night and low light vision when paired with i.Scription® technology.
- The company's photochromic lenses darken when exposed to short-wave light and revert back to their original state when the wearer steps out of the light. They adapt to changing light conditions to protect against glare. Both glass and plastic photochromic lenses are available.
- A wide range of coatings, including antireflection, hard, clean, high-tech, umbra, and mirror coatings protect all of Zeiss's lenses and cancel out reflections. Whether you need single vision, progressive lenses, anti-reflective coating, or even sports eyewear, Zeiss has your ophthalmic needs covered.