Hoya lenses may not be a household name yet, but if you're considering the brand's lenses you're in good hands. The company's lenses have been used on space shuttles, medical imaging devices, and even inside LCD TV panels. Hoya combines over 50 years of optical engineering experience with advanced materials, and high-tech knowledge.
Hoya’s innovative spirit holds true when it comes to eyeglass lenses as well. Hoya created HOYALUX iD technology to determine the specific correction requirements in each eye. It takes this data and simulates the way in which the eyes see. Then, the Integrated Double Surface design process shapes the lens design on the front and back surfaces for easier, seamless transitions from near and far distances. There's no more swimming or swaying. Only wider, clearer viewing zones. Progressive lenses don't exhibit the challenges associated with bifocals, such as poor vision at intermediate distances, and unsightly lines. These "no-line" spectacle lenses have a gradual curve across the surface of the lens so that near, far, and intermediate distances are clearer and the transition between them is smoother.
- The Super HiVision EX3 treatment is the ultimate in antireflective coatings. More light is allowed to reach the eyes in order to enhance sight. However, the coating offers reflection protection, thus lessening glare. It also repels dirt and dust, and protects lenses from scratches.
- In addition to high-tech coatings, Hoya introduced Phoenix, the lightest lens material in the world for the ultimate in wearer comfort. Though thin and light, Phoenix lenses are actually impact resistant and block 100% of UV-A and UV-B rays. The Distortion-Free Optics vision system involves mounting these thin, easy-to-clean lenses on a rimless frame without the use of drill holes, screws, or wires.
- Hoya's MyStyle lenses are the first progressives that are completely customized and designed for what your eyes sees throughout the day. They address the common visual adjustments you make to bring everything into complete focus. The design incorporates as many as 15 visual aspects of the wearer's life. Love to read on your Kindle? Enjoy the great outdoors? Have a long commute to work? These are all factors that go into designing the perfect MyStyle lenses. After your prescription and visual habits are accounted for, a computer evaluation is conducted to find and correct distorted areas on the lens. You will have clear peripheral vision with smooth adaptations between each of the viewing ranges and angles. They don't change your eye or head movements, which keeps you comfortable.
- LifeStyle lenses are available in more than 60 customizable options. This line of lenses come in the largest variety of materials and treatments of any of Hoya's other progressive lenses. Some custom options include:
- Anti-Reflective Coatings
- Anti-Scratch Coatings
- Lightweight Materials
- Anti-Smudge Coatings
- Extra Durable Materials
- Thin Materials
- Transition™ Treatments
- Suntech Treatments
Like all Hoya progressive lenses, the LifeStyle line includes a custom design that is shaped on the front and back surfaces of the lens for precision. Distorted areas on the lens are pinpointed and corrected using computer evaluation. The adaptation between viewing ranges and angles is smooth, for clear peripheral vision. You'll hardly know you're wearing them. Their shape even helps maintain natural movements of the head and neck.
- The Summit iQ lenses provide hi-definition vision, clear, vivid viewing ranges, and natural transitions. They have a 20-percent wider viewing zone as compared to traditional progressives. The intuitive design promises sharper viewing zones, clear peripheral vision, and the ultimate in comfort.
- If you spend long stretches of time staring at a computer screen or stuck under office lighting, TACT progressive lenses are here to help. The lenses reduce eye fatigue and eyestrain, which improves concentration. They also cut down on glare with antireflective properties. TACT lenses enhance visual range and focus at an arm's length away, giving you a viewing zone that is up to 5 times larger than that of conventional lenses.
Hoya's lenses are designed specifically for your eyes. Whether you need single vision, progressives, specialty lenses, or a glare-busting coating, you'll be impressed with their optical performance.